Activities and Events 2023
After school climbing
Choose either Monday or Friday from 3:15-4:45 at the OGHS climbing wall
No experience or equipment required
Starts week of Feb 13th; runs until May 19th
Winter climbing will be held at Resistance Climbing Gym during the last five weeks of Term 2.
Choose either or both of
- Fridays after school $50
- I-Time Club $55
- Both Friday AND I-Time $95
Dates and cost TBD
Trips for 2023
- Port Chalmers Quarry - March 4th $40
- Long Beach - May 13th $40
- Wanaka - May 26-28 $330
If more trips get scheduled, notification will be on Google Classroom and school notices
*Trip dates could be moved/cancelled due to weather.
- NIBS Bouldering Series - Dunedin: May 20;
- Register on the NIBS website for the 9:30 time slot, THEN also register on the Google Classroom.
- NIBS Bouldering Series - Christchurch: Sept 2nd.
- We will be sending a team, details TBD
- South Island Secondary Schools Competition - Christchurch: Aug 31-Sept 1
Registration and Fees
Permission and registration forms can be found on Google Classroom (b44z4xv).
Anyone participating in any climbing activity this year will also need to pay a one-time club fee of $10 that will help cover the cost of gear, sports council fees, and administrative costs.
All activities and trips will be charged separately.
OGHS will provide all equipment including shoes, harness, helmets, and belay device. If you want bring your own personal gear, you are welcome to. If you want more information on buying your own equipment - especially shoes - talk to your student leaders and instructors.